Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stephen Drew is coming to Taiwan

Good news blogging world.  Stephen Drew has decided to spend some of his hard earned student loan and come out to Taiwan for 2 weeks.  I am really excited about this.  We are going to try and travel as much of the island as we possibly can in 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to seeing the islands, the south of the country, Taroko Gorge and the Alishan Mountains.  I have been wanting to see these places since I arrived in Taiwan.

As soon as Stephen told me that he was coming to Taiwan, I went to work the next day and popped in my holiday request.  I think it is totally possible that we could see everything worth seeing in 2 weeks, this island is not so big.  I do believe we will need to plan it well and sometimes we might have to take the fast train depending on what we need to see.

I have been thinking about the vegetarian thing too since he told me he would be coming.  I'm not sure what type of veggie he is, I don't know if he eats eggs, but I know he eats fish so I think surely he must eat eggs too, or is that just stupidity.  I really don't know any great details about vegetarians and what different types there are.

I have been wondering what will happen in the bian dang places, will they offer him another veggie or will I end up eating his and my meat.  (That sounded very wrong to say it like that!)  Anyway it would be an added bonus of getting 2 bits of meat instead of 1.  (that sounds wrong too)

Another thing I was thinking about is what the hell do veggies eat at a bbq.  I know the obvious answer is vegetables but that doesn't seem to fill me with much love because bbq's are all about the god damn meat.  Anyway I am sure he will fill me in on what he will eat and what in won't in due time.

This is too get the Mar Ke household excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gua Sha treatment for heat stroke relief

Earlier this week I had to get Gua Sha, because of suffering from bad heat stroke after hiking in the afternoon, like a madman, bang on midd...